Saturday, September 18, 2021
Nicklaus Children's Nirvair Chowdhury Midtown Center
At Nicklaus Children’s Hospital our vision is to create a healthy future for every child. Nicklaus Children's and community partners are excited to bring the community back into focus by supporting children’s eye health. We want to make sure every child in South Florida has the opportunity to develop his or her full visual potential and beyond. WE SEE YOU and are HERE FOR YOU!
Why Focus on Eye Health
- Approximately 80% of learning is visual and we notice a gap in access to timely vision screenings, glasses and surgery.
- A child's vision forms by the age of 10. Until then, we have time to intervene to improve vision and quality of life for every child.
- Without regular eye check-ups, undiagnosed eye issues can cause more serious issues in the future.
About the Event
What: Children's Vision Day: Bringing the community back into focus is a daylong eye screening, education and advocacy event for South Florida children and families. The daylong event is a collaboration of many community partners including Nicklaus Children's Health System, Nicklaus Children's Hospital Foundation, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami Lighthouse Florida Heiken Children's Vision Program, and many more.
When: Saturday, September 18, 2021
Where: Nicklaus Children's Nirvair Chowdhury Midtown Center, 3915 Biscayne Blvd, Miami FL 33137
Services to be provided for children:
- Free eye screenings for kids of all ages, up to age 18.
- Glasses prescriptions will be made on the spot and delivered within several weeks free of charge.
- Access to eye care professionals who can advise on further medical/surgical treatment and access to those services.
- Education and enrollment in Medicaid services provided by the State of Florida.